“Singapore has the highest myopia rate in the world. About 80 per cent of 18-year-olds grapple with the condition, says the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC).”
As said, the doctors are suggesting ortho-k treatment for all ages. In Asia, it is mostly used on children to control myopia progression. Primary and secondary school students are good candidates as they experience the highest myopia progression, an average increase of about 75 degrees per year.
Thanks to technology advancement, but maybe we should take a more proactive approach to prevent myopia by encouraging good eye habits and Nature’s Essence Brite Eyes to help maintain healthy eyes.
Here are some tips to control myopia with good eye habits:-
– When reading, keep your book 30cm away from the eyes.
– Read in a well-lit environment.
– Sit up to read. Do not read while lying down.
– Reduce unnecessary near-sighted work on the computer and handheld devices.
– Rest the eyes after 30 minutes of reading.
– Engage in outdoor activities regularly every week.
Source: Dr Loh Boon Kwang, ophthalmologist at Gleneagles
Follow this link for the complete report published on todayonline dated June 17, 2015.